Want a tropical twist to your favorite nutrient rich health food?
Try this easy recipe out post-workout or ANY time! It has become a weekly staple in the Lovato household, as it’s a great recovery food, but it’s made up to taste great.
1 Sweet Potato
1 handful of Pomegranate seeds
1/4-1/2 of a lime…it just depends on your taste.
a pinch of Sea Salt.
1. Pre Heat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. Wrap your sweet potato in Aluminum Foil. I like to prick my potatoes with a fork before I wrap them.
3. After the oven is warmed up and ready to go, place your potato in the oven. It usually takes 45′ to an hour for my potato to get fully cooked. If you are in a hurry, put the the potato (sans aluminum foil) in the microwave for 10-12 minutes,depending on the size of the potato.
4. Place the jar of coconut butter above/ near the oven, so the heat will help to soften it a bit.
5. After the potato is fully cooked, remove the aluminum foil and place on a plate. Split the potato in half with a sharp knife and add 1 dollop of coconut butter.
6. Squeeze the lime wedges over the potato, add salt to taste, and finish by adding the coconut flakes and pomegranate seeds.
Voila! Pure deliciousness!!